With their crispy, crunchy edges and gooey, chewy center, these Ultimate Chocolate Chip cookies have something for everyone who loves cookies!
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
These crispy, chewy chocolate chip cookies are made completely of plants! You won't miss the eggs or butter – believe it.
Yield: 50 cookies
- Baking sheets (2)
- One large mixing bowl
- Electric stand mixer / hand mixer
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup dairy-free butter (such as Earth Balance) room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup nut milk I prefer soy, but almond or cashew are fine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt I use pink Himalayan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces dairy-free chocolate chips such as Enjoy Life brand
- 1 ½ cups chopped nuts of your choice walnuts are a favorite
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a stand-up mixer, or a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat 1 cup softened butter, ½ cup brown sugar and ½ cup granulated sugar until fluffy and pale in color.
- Add ¼ cup nut milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add 2 ¼ cups of unbleached flour, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Mix on low until well blended and a dough has formed.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in 12 ounces of dairy-free chocolate chips and 1 ½ cups nuts, if adding.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spoon tablespoons of dough about 2" apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are a light golden brown and centers have set.
- Depending on the size of your cookies and baking sheets, you may have dough leftover. If so, spoon onto a large sheet of plastic wrap or parchment paper and roll into a cylinder. Tie the ends and place it in a plastic freezer bag, removing as much air as possible. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 2 months.