This Great Green Power Smoothie is packed with protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients from dark leafy greens. These combined with heart-healthy oats will keep you fueled with goodness til lunch!
Smoothies are my go-to for breakfast most days. I like to keep a good bit of fruit and veggies in the freezer, so I’m always prepared on short notice.
Pro Tip: Next time you’re at the store (which, during these COVID-19 times, is like a party since, if you’re ‘sheltering in place’, it may be one of the only places you can go), pick up a few extra bunches of bananas, fresh berries, and bags of spinach to freeze!
If you have kiddos, which I do, they will love the sweetness and flavor of this smoothie. If you’re hiding veggies, this is a great option to get their spinach in.
Great Green Power Smoothie
- High-speed blender
- 2 ripe bananas frozen
- 2 cups loose fresh spinach frozen
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free protein powder I use Garden of Life Raw Meal Replacement, Vanilla flavor
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon agave syrup or maple syrup
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 cup nut milk soy, almond, cashew
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds for topping and mixing
- Add all ingredients to high-speed blender. Blend on low to start, using the tamper to help incorporate all ingredients.
- Increase speed to high for no more than 2 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.