Protein-Packed Collard Wraps
You’ve seen collard wraps before in fancy organic health food restaurants… but I bet you didn't know that they’re actually really delicious, very satisfying, and super easy to make in your own kitchen. How easy, exactly?
Slice off stem.
Smear hummus on wrap.
That’s it. Literally. Low carb, high protein, gluten free. What else could you ask for?! Hmm, a side of balsamic vinaigrette to dip this monster in. Done! Enjoy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette (or your favorite dressing)
- 1/4 cup black or pinto beans
- 1 collard green leaf, cut along stem
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 small carrot
- 1 small banana pepper
- 1/2 small bell pepper
- OPTIONAL: Tofurky® Deli Slices
- Wash and slightly dry collard leaf(s). With a paring knife, start at the base of the stem where the leaf meets and slice alongside to a point, leaving the wide part of the leaf in-tact. Repeat on the other side of the leaf, so it\'s sliced up the middle but whole at the top.
- Julienne (thinly slice length-wise) your carrot and peppers, and set aside.
- Overlap the base of the leaf and smear hummus on it to \'glue\' it in place. Add salt and pepper, then balsamic vinaigrette. Add beans and vegetables, and fold along the length of the wrap.
- From the edges, roll the wrap carefully into a tight bundle, and smear a dab of hummus on the sealing edge to secure it in place.
- Slice and serve immediately with an optional side of balsamic vinaigrette!