Avocado Crunch Tacos
Looking for a fun and healthy dinner everyone can enjoy? Try these Avocado Crunch Tacos, packed with protein and healthy fats that even kids will love!
- 1 bag Gardein® or Beyond Meat® beefless crumbles
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own)
- 1/2 Tbsp oil (I used olive - you can omit if you choose and just use water)
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- 1-2 tsp lime juice (half of a small lime)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes
- 8 oz dairy-free nacho 'cheese' (I used Miyoko's Kitchen Heat-and-Serve Sharp Cheddar sauce - it's the best.)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bag 6" flour tortillas
- 1 box corn taco shells
- 8 oz chili beans (or beans of your choice)
- 4 oz vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1/2 Tbsp oil or water over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium and add beefless crumbles. Continue to stir until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Reduce to low and add 1/4 cup water and taco seasoning. Stir until incorporated, reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Remove hard taco shells from the box and set aside. Slice avocados and scoop into a small bowl. Add lime juice, garlic powder and chili flakes/cayenne pepper and mash until well incorporated. Toast taco shells, careful not to burn them.
- Spread the avocado mixture on flour tortillas starting in the center and moving outward. Remove taco shells and wrap the avocado-covered tortillas over the taco shells, taking care not to crush the hard shells.
- Heat your nacho 'cheese' over medium-low heat until thick and boiling, continuing to stir. Slice tomatoes and other toppings and set aside. Assemble tacos with beefless crumbles, nacho 'cheese', toppings and any leftover avocado mixture, pour some drinks and don your sombrero for the taco party!