Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Try these Ultimate Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies. I love the light brown crispy edges, the gooey chocolate chips, and the soft, warm inside…
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 50 cookies
- 1 cup (8 oz or 2 sticks) vegan butter, such as Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup nut milk, such as cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, or nut of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together softened butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add nut milk and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated, mindfully scraping the bowl as you go.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until well incorporated and dough has formed. Switch to a spoon and fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out tablespoons of dough and place on sheet about 1-2" apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are light golden brown.
- Once done, cool cookies for at least 5 minutes before moving to another surface. Enjoy with a glass of cold cashew milk, or just shove as many in your face at once as possible!
- I had some leftover dough after running out of room on my two baking sheets, so I rolled it in some parchment paper, stuck it in a freezer bag and now I take a few bites when I'm craving sugar and it satisfies it every time!