These pancakes are like a warm sweater on a cool September morning. You’ll be happy to have this recipe laying around! Bonus: they are super simple to make. I suggest making them the night before so you can cook them first thing the next morning. Great for weekend brunch pancakes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup cashew or almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milled flax powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil for pan
- Mix dry ingredients in medium size bowl. Add wet ingredients, mix completely and let sit for 5 minutes. Add mashed ripe bananas, blueberries, or chocolate chips.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tsp coconut oil to pan. Coat pan with the oil. Spoon batter onto pan and cook about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add desired toppings and maple syrup. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil to the pan each time before putting batter in. It helps the pancake from burning even if you have a non stick pan.
- Wait to flip your pancake until bubbles start to appear in the very center. This is the key to not overcooking them!