Saucy Tomato Basil Pasta
If you're like most and constantly find yourself short on time and in need of a quick, easy dinner, this Saucy Tomato Basil Pasta is what you’re looking for. It's...
Worthy of plate-licking
If I’m not sure what to make, I make this pasta (if not my Fresh Basil Pesto Pasta). This recipe will take very little time away from your busy life. It's our favorite pasta dish, even when we're not in a rush to eat. Hopefully it'll become one of yours, too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 ounces or 2 servings brown rice pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh spinach, julienned
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (I love using grape tomatoes), chopped
- 1/4 cup shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- herbs and spices (garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning)
- Fresh basil & pine nuts optional for garnishing
- Boil water and add salt to pot. Add pasta to boiling water and time for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente when tested.
- Place olive oil in small sauté pan and heat on medium flame. Add lemon juice, shallots and tomatoes, tossing for 4-5 minutes. Add spinach, mushrooms and garlic, reducing heat to medium-low, adding herbs and spices, stirring occasionally until pasta is ready.
- Drain pasta when tender and add to sauté pan. Incorporate pasta and sauce together. Add julienned basil and pine nuts, if desired. Serve immediately.